Time & Location
15 Dec 2020, 10:00
About the Event
Join us live with your kids on zoom and "bake-along" with Ruth this Christmas.
We will also discover more about what it means for God to be with us.
Baking instructions and ingredients can be found below.
We have a limited number of gift packs already made up containing some of the ingredients needed, some craft activities, and a special gift (pre-schooler age). If you would like one please choose the "Gift Pack" ticket below.
Baby Jesus :
- 38g plain flour
- 25g marg/butter
- 12g caster sugar
- 50g cornflakes
- 100g white chocolate
- 30g golden syrup
- 25g mar/butter
- Optional : Icing sugar - for blanket (or some of the white chocolate)
- Currants/sweets for eyes.
Baking parchment (manger) and baking sheet.
Oven : 180oC / Gas mark 4
- Turn the oven on to gas mark 4/180oC
- Put the flour and marg into a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Add the sugar and mix in.
- Divide the mixture into 6 or 8 balls.
- Take one ball at a time and divide roughly in half. Roll each one into a ball and then flatten slightly to make a head and body. At this stage you can make a small mark in the face for eyes or place cut up currants where the eyes would be.
- Stick together and place on a baking sheet.
- Once you have made all the baby Jesus cook in the oven for between 10-15 minutes until they have turned slightly brown.
- While baby Jesus is cooking in the oven place the chocolate (hold back 20g if you want to use it to make blankets), golden syrup and marg in a saucepan and gently heat until the mixture is melted and combined.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and mix in the cornflakes.
- Spoon the mixture onto 6 or 8 rectangles of baking parchment (this is the manger with the straw).
- Place a baby Jesus on each pile of straw.
- If you want to make a blanket either make up some white icing or melt some of the chocolate you held back and pour it over Jesus’ body.
- Ticket type
Gift Pack (1 per household)Price£0.00
- Ticket type
No Gift Pack NeededPrice£0.00